Yeah, you heard me right. This week’s Power Monday EDF is the Jersey Shore‘s JWOWW.
For those of you who read my first post, eyebrows may have been raised when I mentioned JWOWW’s name as an example of an EDF. But I hold my stance.
Why she kicks butt: Jenni JWOWW Farley kicks butt in my book because of HER book. That’s right, her book: The Rules According to JWOWW: Shore-Tested Secrets On Landing A Mint Guy, Staying Fresh To Death, and Kicking the Competition to the Curb. Why did I read this book, you ask? Well, it was an accident, really and truly. A friend gave it to me as a gag gift – I’d never even seen Jersey Shore before (I now admit to watching a few of the first episodes just to get an idea of what she was like as a person and see if she was truly an EDF worthy of this blog). But it sat on my nightstand, and it was good “thoughtless reading” – that is, it wasn’t an essay on race theory, or a Dante novel. And as I read more, I realized I was actually enjoying reading it. Not because it told me anything I didn’t know (I am Queen B, after all), but because the book’s message is genuinely good. I didn’t expect this, since my made-from-a-distance first impression of the entire Jersey Shore cast was, “Yuck. Trash. Go away.” (Just being honest.) JWOWW proved me wrong, and I was humbled. In the book, JWOWW touts a message of straight-up-EDF. She encourages girls to go for what they want, to be who they want to be, to not compromise, to take care of themselves. I’m serious folks, this is a good book – go buy it. Never in my life did I think I would so hardcore endorse something created by a Jersey Shore cast member. But I am, and after seeing her on the show as a real-life person, I can also say she’s a woman I would want as my friend and that she would be hella fun to party with. I’m just sayin’.
10 things you might not know (sources: jwoww.com and her book, except where noted):
- Jenni grew up in upstate New York.
- She moved to NYC for college when she was 21.
- She’s a computer geek and graphic designer by trade.
- She started and still owns her own graphic design company, Jenni Farley Designs, Inc.
- Her favorite places to shop include Affliction, Bebe, Cache, Guess, Armani Exchange, Le Chateau, Steve Madden, and Express.
- She likes drinking vodka seltzers.
- Her favorite clubs at home in Long Island are Glo, Neptune Beach Club, and Savannah Lounge.
- She released a clothing line in 2010 but it was recalled shortly thereafter. She said it will be re-released.
- Her upcoming business ventures include a line of bronzer, workout videos, diet supplements, and sports drinks.
- In April of this year MTV announced that Jenni and Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi are going to have their own show.